Besides just being great for bonding, music time for your toddler helps in other ways:
- Music is great for your child’s memory and makes it easier for your toddler to learn and retain information.
- Music helps expand a growing vocabulary. A child may hear a word in a song he/she wouldn’t usually hear in everyday life.
- Music can help relax your child. Think of a lullaby or another calming song that helps put your little one in a relaxed mood.
- Music can help with coordination. When toddlers clap, sway, or otherwise move to the beat it helps them with their coordination.
- Rhythm can help teach patterns.
Toddlers reap the most benefits from music when they are actively participating in music.